Bringing Joy During a COVID Summer – Somewhat Frank Podcast Episode 18
On this Episode of the Somewhat Frank Podcast, Frank Gruber and John Guidos talk about the current state of the COVID-19 pandemic and the Black Lives Matter movement. They also chat about the recent rise in RV sales and the benefits of the vagabond lifestyle during the pandemic.Subscribe:
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | YouTube | Deezer | RSS
Frank also celebrates the following people in his network:
- Arlan Hamilton on the release of her book, It’s About Damn Time.
- Brad Feld on his latest book, The Startup Community Way.
- Meredith Fineman on the launch of her book, Brag Better.
- Matt Rissel on joining Summit Partners as an Executive In Residence.
- Derek Andersen on the growth and fresh $15M in funding to Bevy.
- Mary Grove on the launch of her new VC firm Bread and Butter Ventures.
- Cat Hernandez on the launch of a new pre-seed fund model with The Venture Collective.
- Paul Carr and Sarah Lacy on launching Needhop. Need help? Book someone on a call via the app (more on this below).
- Dawn Dickson on raising $2.3M for her startup via crowdfunding.
The guys also talk about the following books/article they’ve read recently:
- Too early to ditch the gym for gene therapy? Experimental gene therapy prevents obesity, builds muscle, without exercise or dieting
- How To Read Water Clues and Patterns from Puddles to the Sea by Tristan Gooley
- Underwater tourism Cutting edge tourist submarine will allow 24 passengers to explore the ocean depths
Frank also talks about the new app Needhop. It offers on-demand audio calls for anyone looking for help. You can sign up to share your time and advice with others or look for others you might want to talk to for help. You can book people like Sarah Lacy, David Hornik, Paul Carr, and Frank Gruber and many, many, more!
Established and Startup of the Year are excited about these upcoming events:
- Tune-in on July 23rd at 1 pm ET as we’re hosting another Startup of the Year online pitch event, this time focused on spotlighting US Veteran Founders – RSVP here.
- We’re also assisting the Greater Colorado Venture Fund with their upcoming pitch event on July 30th where they will be investing in some early-stage companies from rural Colorado – RSVP here.
Lastly, Frank and John chat about the last episodes of the Bulls documentary The Last Dance and the Long Gone Summer, another ESPN documentary, that covers the summer of 1998 when Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa were slugging it out chasing the single-season home run record.
Get updates like this in your inbox before they hit the web by subscribing to the newsletter here.